Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Memoirs of a student - Last days at IIITM

My five years at IIITM, it felt like a lifetime, and passed too quickly. 

I was one of the few residents who stayed at the hostel even during holidays and breaks. And wherever I went; a holiday, an internship, a field study; no matter how hard things were, I was always with the insurance that no matter what, I always have IIITM to go back to. It was a haven, a sanctuary. 

It was frightening how events began to break loose at an alarming rate when those final days approached: exams, projects, cases, presentation, farewells, placements, celebrations, and the biggest of them all, the thesis! All of us running hither and thither, giving a last touch to everything. 

Dear reader, may you never feel what I once felt during those last days of parting at the end of my five year integrated post gruaduate course. It was the culmination of a lifetime of fun, friendship and learning. And to realise that it was to end so soon, I wanted nothing more then to leave the place, not take a second glance back, and never to think of it again; not because I was happy to go away, but because, to have a glance back would have broken my spirit and dissolved me into tears. 

I miss the security, the fun, the friends and the learnings, all of which I had taken them for granted to be a part of my life, and I well know how it feels to have suddenly taken those away and see them deserting me. Till this day, I remember what it felt like to be a IIITMian. I remember. 
The writer is an alumni of IIITM, and a student at IIMB

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

“We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.”
:Jeremy Irons quotes (British Actor, b.1948)

For a IIITMite this time machine traverses bidirectional.