Friday, August 21, 2009

Interview with Ashutosh Pathak: Study Days @ IIITM Gwalior : A jaunty Journey …

Ashutosh Pathak:The time demarcation never allows one to scribble one's mind here. The older you choose, the lesser you know.
Based upon few sessions of e-conversation, my perception says that I should avoid using my literary skill in putting something here.
He simply needs no testimonials.

Thank you sir, for your time in giving shape to persent IIITM Alumni Association.

Sidhi Baat (The Interview):




Name:
Ashutosh Pathak
Batch: IPG2001-06-MBA
Location: Jeddah, KSA
Organization: TCS

Q.1. Your Intro ? (the first question for every IIITMite in so called intro :))
Ashutosh:
I was part of second IPG batch of IIITM admitted in IPG 2001. I did my 5 yr dual degree in Btech & MBA. After passing out, I joined TCS. In past 3 years in TCS, I have been working as Information Risk Management domain as consultant. I feel that this is one of the best profiles which suits my education I received in IIITM.

Q. 2. Define IIITM in your word?
Ashutosh:
IIITM is an apex institute which was setup with a vision to provide new dimensions to IT education in India. This institute aims to mingle IT with management and other curriculums to provide a proper amalgamation of various domains. Like every young institutes, IIITM is in a stage to develop its brand image. We have already proven our potential and caliber as a top institute at various times, but still IIITM needs to be recognised as one of the top 5 institues in India, which I am sure will be in next 5 years or so.

Q. 3.The most memorable moment @ IIITM ?
Ashutosh:
Off course getting my degree completed was most memorable day in IIITM. I can't forget that day because a long journey had come to an end and I had to say good-bye to my batch of 47 students with whom I was studying like a family. I was feeling nostalgic for the ups and downs which I had seen there. There are numerous wonderful and unforgettable moments of class rooms, hostel, examination halls and canteen which I can never forget.

Q. 4.Technology and Management in your words, how it become more special when it comes for IIITM ?
Ashutosh:
Technology is a medium to get things done and Management is the way to use that medium in the nbest possible way. We are fortunate that we descend from one of the rare institutes in India which provides education in IT cum management with a proper delivery approach. Although in initial years, we felt some issues due to lack of faculty and infrastructure but gradually things became easy. The way IIITM is producing techno managers year by year, i am damn sure we are to be considered the best academic products in this IT era.

Q. 5.Your experience and strategy @ your work place: how did you develop your skills from null to pointer, please give us a biographical detail .
Ashutosh:
When I joined corporate, I was like a lamb in this new world passed out from college. Gradually, I have developed competency and skills to stay in corporate. In corporate, only hard work and talent doesn’t pay. One should know how to take credit of his work and if possible, of others work too. From being a good IT institute, it was easy for me to understand technology and its importance. I am working as Information risk management consultant which is a type of IT consulting. I work for compliance projects related to ISO27001, SOX, BS25999 all which need technological as well as managerial understanding. It is a good learning time in last 3 years. Finally, I have got a path to follow and a life-time goal to achieve.

Q. 6. A message to your all juniors, (something you aspired most @ IIITM and want the same in your juniors) …
Ashutosh:
Besides studying books and scoring marks, developing attitude and communication skills is very important. I know many people who don't know anything but only by virtue of there positive & dominating attitude and polished communication, they achieve what others can't. But knowledge is also important otherwise people will understand that whatever you are saying is baseless & illogical. So I would like my juniors to develop both - attitude & aptitude.

Q. 7. IIITM on lighter note: eg: IIITM is getting more greener with times, what do you think ???
Ashutosh:
greener in sense of grass & trees - yaa definitely
in sense of development - again I would say we are developing. Thanks to sincere & diligent students and proper direction provided by director Dr. Deshmukh & faculty members. I think we can improve much more . Only thing needed is to maintain trust in ourselves and in our brand and keep going!!!


Note: To send your interview you can fill any of the following forms:
  • Direct Interview :
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDdFMkJ5WXhwZ0lDYWxaRnVYVHFEVmc6MA..
  • Indirect Interview: One to one email- Interaction:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dE1HUHhPcDFjNUtoaEk0Vkp2RXA3b2c6MA..

No comments: